That’s a loaded question, but I’m specifically speaking about my writerly life! I have many reasons for asking that question:
1. I still haven’t finished the first draft of my WIP, which should’ve been finished in August.
2. I haven’t made a blog post in a month.
3. I haven’t been attending the meetings of my local writer’s group.
4. I feel utterly uninspired!
In short, I have lost my writing mojo, and worse, I haven’t figured out how to get it back. So now, I’m left trying to think of ways to better the situation. I’ve thought of a few:
1. Maybe just back away from that WIP? Maybe right now my writing time would be better spent writing flash fiction and short stories, or cultivating new story ideas.
2. Put myself on a twice weekly posting schedule. I’m thinking Wednesdays and Saturdays. I can post about not only trying to recapture my writing mojo, but also post some quotes for motivation (not only for myself but others too), and share some flash fiction that I write.
3. Get my butt to this month’s meeting, no matter what! I could also look for another local writing group. There’s no rule that says you can’t belong to multiple groups!
4. Read the success stories of other writers, and offer my congratulations! Seeing others succeed is in itself inspiring, as other writers are not my competition, they are in fact, aspirations. Also, I need to congratulate myself on every victory, even the tiny ones. I have not been doing that lately!
All writers struggle at some point. There’s no way to avoid it or to get around it. My time to struggle is now, but the key is to not give up. I will soldier on until I finally breakthrough!
And I know I will.