I’d like to introduce you to Daniela Bellamy, my main character from The 12 Dates of Christmas. I’ve spent a lot of time with Daniela over the past year, and I think she’s awesome. I hope you do too!
Here is a quick look at Daniela, as well as what she’s into. (in the biz, we call this a character aesthetic)
- This is Daniela. In my mind, she is the wholesome-looking, girl-next-door type. She’s beautiful but doesn’t know it. Actress Bailee Madison was the inspiration for Daniela.
- She has an obsession with romantic comedies.
- Daniela is a math and science whiz and wants to study mechanical engineering in college. Robotics is her area of interest.
- She loves dogs and has a golden retriever mix named Archie.
Below are more important details about Daniela. (in the biz, we call this a character sketch, or if you want to be fancy, a character dossier, and this one can be found here)
- Name: Daniela Quinn Bellamy
- Nickname: Dani, but only her parents and Sebastian (a close friend) call her that
- Birth Date/Place: February 4, 2002/Raleigh, NC
- Character Role: Main character and protagonist; most of the story is told from her POV
- Age: 17
- Race: Caucasian
- Eye Color: Light brownHair Color/Style: Dark brown, long and straight, though sometimes she does put soft waves in her hair
- Build (height/Weight): Small and slender; 5 feet 3 inches, 110 pounds
- Skin tone: Fair
- Style of Dress: Mostly casual, skinny jeans, tees, sweaters, boots, Converse
Characteristics or Mannerisms:
- Personality Traits: Shy and introverted, except in her small circle of friends. She takes schoolwork and herself seriously, but she does have a sense of humor and isn’t afraid to make a joke. Positive: Bright, focused, friendly, intelligent, kind, orderly, polite, rational, self-disciplined, warm, well-read Negative: Fussy (sometimes), some might find her dull, passive (sometimes)
- Background: Upper-middle-class
- Internal Conflicts: Wants a boyfriend but after failing miserably to find one, she’s given up on the idea. So, when she realizes she has feelings for someone she thinks is off-limits, she keeps it to herself.
- External Conflicts: She’s awkward around boys, which doesn’t help her situation. She has to consider the feelings of someone close to her after she realizes who she wants to be with.
- Occupation/Education: High school student, senior
- Miscellaneous Notes: Has a knack for doing or saying something awkward. Looks at things analytically. Doesn’t wear much makeup; usually just mascara and lip balm. Likes to put her long hair up in a messy bun.
And that is Daniela! In a nutshell, anyway. You can get to know her better in The 12 Dates of Christmas, which will be released in November!
*release date to be revealed later 😉